If you’re going to lie, you better be good at it. Otherwise, you’ll be found out in no time.
Most of us were taught not to lie as a little kid. However, as we grew up, we learned that honesty is not always the best policy.
Follow these tips if you want to lie without being questioned:
- Always be consistent with your story. Memorize it if you have to. If your explanation doesn’t sound the same each time, you’re sure to get caught. If you want your alibi to check out, know your story like it’s a movie script and memorize each line word for word.
- Don’t talk too much. This will reduce the chance of error in your story. The more you talk the more likely you are to reveal “facts” that just don’t add up. Less is more when telling a lie. It gives the recipients of your deception less chance to come up with reasons why they don’t believe you.
- Keep a straight face. If you ever tried to lie and couldn’t wipe that smirk off your face, you have a lot to learn about being a liar. Practice your “poker” expression in the mirror, in front of compulsive-lying friend or wherever and whenever you get the chance. You cannot even show a smidgen of a nervous smile if you want to fool one or more persons.
- Act innocent. This may take some practice if you’re an inexperience liar. This is also an act you may want to practice looking into the mirror. You could also remember how you felt in a past scenario when you were accused of something you didn’t do. Put yourself in that frame of mind you were in when you wanted to convince someone you were innocent. Just behave as if you did nothing wrong.
- Hide the evidence. A verbal lie may not require much concealment. The exception is if it involves you being somewhere you never were. This also is true of any objects, merchandise, trash, or debris that could reveal the truth- but what is truth anyway?
- Be careful who you tell. This is probably the number one reason someone is found out. They may lie to one person and then later brag about it to the wrong people. You know how word gets around. Don’t tell anyone you lied!
More Sound Advice
Not everyone should try to lie. No matter how much some people try to rehearse their lies, they will never convince anyone. If you try to lie again and again and still get caught, give it up already! Get a few doctor’s notes to solve your problems.